Thursday 11 September 2014

nendo rain bottle at maison&objet 2014

nendo rain bottle at maison&objet 2014

"...Giving people a small moment.
There are so many small moments hidden in our everyday.

but we don’t recognise them.
and even when we do recognise them, we tend to unconsciously reset our 
mind and forget what we’ve seen.

 but we believe these small moments are what make our days so
interesting, so rich..."


nendo rain bottle at maison&objet 2014

I’m back from my little trip to maison&object 2014 in Paris
where I saw so many things that I don’t know where start to show and talk about. 

Let’s begin with the most simple and staying in my mind exhibition made by Japanese Nendo
Can you imagine that in Japanese language word 'rain' has hundred of meanings depending on the condition and time of day, and also a season of the year ?  To illustrate that, we had a 20 beautiful clear acrylic bottles and each of it contains a variation of rain. In front of every bottle was a little note with the word and description about the sort of rain …like “sigure” cold rain that falls in the end of autumn to early winter….Imagine , this serene space painted totally in white. 

Taking my telephone out and making picture, actually felt awkward.....and after all these things I saw at the fair, I finally found rest and a magic moment, I don't want to forget. 

nendo rain bottle at maison&objet 2014
nendo rain bottle at maison&objet 2014
kisame” is rain that drips from the ends of tree branches
nendo rain bottle at maison&objet 2014
“ samidare” rain that falls consistently between early spring to early summer
nendo rain bottle at maison&objet 2014